Panum’s cybersecurity practice exists to support public and private sector businesses in their quest to meet today’s IT security best-practice adoption demand while achieving compliance mandates. Security is part of everything we do. Our end-to-end offerings include consulting and training, integration and implementation, managed services and cyber insurance services.
Panum provides a comprehensive cybersecurity solutions and capabilities to include DevSecOps & Vulnerability management, Security Program Management & Cybersecurity Lifecycle. Our Cybersecurity team of consultants and experts have the training, experience, and support required to manage an effective cybersecurity program. Our Cybersecurity experts simplify the process of defending your organization from sophisticated threats by implementing controls that scale with your requirements. We aim to provide cost-effective cybersecurity services for our clients to ensure that their systems and data exceed requirements for confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
A proprietary Cyber Threat Intelligence accelerator tailored to the evolving threat landscape
Panum knows that reducing the time between committing to a software change and placing the change into production is key to successful IT operations. Ensuring that the software continues to meet quality and stability standards is just as important.
- Agile methodologies to automate the build and test processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Focus on communication gaps between developers and IT operations team and their infrastructure.
Our SME’s work closely with clients to achieve a mature security program by using a tailored approach to establish goals and metrics with incremental improvements
- Measure the maturity level of the cyber security program through technical assessments and review of the organization and its processes.
- Help to define the clients “To-be” target state, including a detailed cybersecurity framework identifying required cyber security capabilities.
- Perform a detailed analysis identifying gaps between the current state and the desired state.
- Draft a detailed security program roadmap that helps the client to tackle current and emerging threats using the cyber control framework.
This process helps mature the client’s environment into an automated, proactive security ‘shop’ with on-going continuous monitoring. The metrics encompass evaluations from all audits, self-assessments, and FISMA compliance efforts (e.g., System Security plans, System Test & Evaluation, Plan of Action and Milestones management) into an integrated feedback loop that drives improvement of the security posture.
Our SME’s work closely with clients to complete the assessment and authorization process for their portfolio of systems
- Evaluate existing processes and controls (and control inheritance schemes) and provide recommendations to improve both efficiency and security.
- Develop all required documentation and prepare stakeholders to successfully complete independent assessments. We follow both the NIST guidance and agency-specific guidance.
- Ensure that controls are selected appropriately, implemented, and documented completely. Detail supporting processes and create the suite of documents required.
- Assess security controls and supporting processes to determine the extent to which the controls are implemented correctly and operating as intended.
- Develop tailored security assessment plans and techniques to ensure appropriate test procedures are executed based on the system type (e.g., general support systems, web-based, or cloud hosted).
- Provide insight and analysis to catalogue the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered, and documents recommended corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities.
- Brief senior leadership and key stakeholders of significant findings and recommend solutions to improve the overall security posture of each system at the conclusion of our assessments.
Our SME’s work closely with clients to build an effective continuous monitoring capability.
- Provide real-time information to the organization to enable it to make risk-based decisions on the security their IT systems and data.
- Monitoring capability to help organization measure the effectiveness of their controls and processes, and the impact of cybersecurity attacks and compliance with agency guidelines.
- Reports are designed to provide information that is specific, measurable, actionable, relevant, and timely, enabling the organization to respond quickly to security issues. It also contains trend analysis, to enable the organization to identify and correct longer-term impacts.
Panum’s model ensures that the IT systems’ authorization to operate is current, thereby reducing the administrative cost of security reauthorization at the end of the authorization period.
Panum knows that vulnerability management is a key aspect of managing cybersecurity. Our SME’s collaborate closely with clients to ensure that vulnerabilities are detected, tracked, and remediated as efficiently as possible to reduce the risks to the client.
- Conduct both regular and ad hoc vulnerability assessments for our clients.
- Provide technical recommendations and strategic plans for improving scanning processes to ensure efficiency, consistency, accuracy, and compliance with policies.
- Develop the tools to ensure that all system assets are scanned.
- Scan the environment based on agreed timeframes, correlate threats, score risks and determine priorities and exceptions. Last, and most importantly, vulnerabilities are remediated. Throughout this process, reports are available detailing the status of vulnerabilities impacting the environment.
Our SME’s help clients manage the vulnerabilities and the risks associated with them. We develop effective plans to remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities to an acceptable level. We also help document and track accepted risks for the awareness of senior leadership.
Panum knows that its federal clients undergo audits throughout the year. The impact of these audits can vary significantly depending on where they originate and their scope.
- Ensure official audit requests are correctly interpreted, meticulously tracked, and appropriately responded to.
- Facilitate discussions with stakeholders to ensure that they have the background information necessary to make audits go as smoothly as possible.
- Help document track and facilitate remediation plans.
Panum serves as a single trusted advisor for your organization to prevent cyberattacks and protect your intellectual property. We are uniquely positioned to modernize your existing cybersecurity model by implementing a Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA) as per The US Executive Order 13636 on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity.
- Verify explicitly
- Validate the device & network
- Limit access and privilege